Friday, June 28, 2013

Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer

Flying Cauldron Butterscotch beer: Brewed by Reed's brewing. I usually give a history, but I can't come close to what's on their website: " Since 1374, the Flying Cauldron has been making this magical brew for under aged wizards and wizards who are young at heart at their brew pub in Hogsbreath England . The recipe has changed little over the centuries. It has the perfect combination of spells and quality natural ingredients. It continues to be prized for its creamy vanilla and butterscotch flavors." Um, no comment.  Reed's does brew a number of products: Ginger beer, Virgil's root beer, Reed's Kombucha (tea based drink in a bunch of flavors), Sonoma Sparkler, and China Cola. Yep, stay tuned, I'll aim for all of them too.

Well, opening the bottle, there is a strong butterscotch smell, with some vanilla mixed in. Taste is very smooth, full of butterscotch. Vanilla aftertaste. I've gone back and forth about this one. Certainly isn't the worst soda I've ever tasted, but no where near the best either. It really tastes like a butterscotch sundae, and I'd really rather have the real sundae than drink it. I'd say this is an I'll drink one if you put it in front of me, but not going to buy again. 

No comments: