Friday, June 28, 2013

Sioux City Ginger Beer, Sioux City Birch Beer, Olde Rhode Island Molasses Root Beer


Sioux City Ginger Beer: If you've not had ginger beer before brace yourself. Great flavor, but the kick and the burn down your throat is something to experience. One of my neighbors called the police about me drinking beer in public. Moving beyond everything else, I offered to the officer who came, a taste of the ginger beer. He said I was nuts, but it is non-alcoholic. Actually said it had more kick than alcoholic beers. I'd ease into ginger beer. Sioux City's is a strong aroma, strong taste and heck of a burn. I'd say ginger beer is an acquired taste. Also don't have to send for this one, my grocery store carries it. I'll drink and buy again

Sioux City Birch Beer: Classic Birch beer is brewed from birch and oak bark. Comes in many different colors, but I'm used to the clear and the red. Sioux City is a red. Another earthy scented beer. Also another difficult flavor. Ever had Clark's Teaberry gum? That's the closest. Has some wintergreen flavor mixed in as well. Some say there is a licorice taste to birch beer, but I don't get that. Sioux City's has a nice mix of bite and sweetness. Also from my local grocery store. (side note: expect to see a lot of different brand birch beers. Birch beer is a favorite of mine). Buy it frequently.





Olde Rhode Island Molasses Root Beer: The molasses part made this I have to have soda. Very strong root beer flavor when you open it. Has the same strong root beer flavor as well. Didn't really notice a difference in taste, maybe the molasses made it stronger. Pleasant root bear after taste. I'll buy this one again.

No comments: