Friday, June 28, 2013

Death Valley Cola



Death Valley Cola: Brewed by Indian Wells Brewing company. Their web site is a little tough to chase down. The web address is  http://www.mojavered.com/ doesn't really give you a hint that its the Indian Wells Brewing Company. They are a beer and soda company, and Mojave Red is one of their beers. So is Lobotomy Block. All the soda comes from the Death Valley line, and include cola, root beer, black cherry, sour green apple, cream, and orange cream. There is an Indian Wells Lodge in California, owned by the same company. The lodge is on the sight of the natural spring water used in drinks. Interesting if pricey menu for the restaurant.

There' a pleasant cola smell opening the bottle. Drink and tastes like a cola. Problem I had is that's just it, its a cola. You could blindfold me and handle me three cups, one of Pepsi, one of Coke and one of Death Valley cola, and I'm not convinced I would not be able to tell them apart. Its not a bad drink, but when speciality soda sells for about $2 a bottle, why spend that amount when you can spent less than a buck and get Pepsi? I would drink it again, but won't be buying it again. 

No comments: