Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Moxie, Tommyknocker Almond Creme, Lost Trail Sarsaparilla


Well it was time to cowboy (cowgirl?) up tonight...

Moxie: Well, wasn't as bad as I had been led to believe. First, some background. Moxie is made from gentian root. Gentian is used in herbal medicine to treat digestion problems such as loss of appetite, fullness, intestinal gas, diarrhea, gastritis, heartburn, and vomiting, and also having a calming effect on anxiety. Also, historically, its been claimed to treat paralysis, softening of the brain, nervousness, and insomnia. Lot of people say I'm soft in the head so maybe this will help. Moxie was invented, and first produced in Lowell Mass (yeah Massachusetts!!). Its the official state drink of Maine and still very popular in New England. Moxie has sort of a cult following now, as it has spurned Moxie festivals, a Moxie museum. Lots of stuff. 

On to drinking!! Has a very strong aroma, little licorice to the smell, which had me worried. The taste is somewhere between cola and root beer, with a kick of birch beer tossed in. Nice earthy aftertaste. Well, I'm from New England, so supposed its only appropriate: I loved it!!! I want more, like now. Gonna have to find a source....

Tommy Knocker Almond Creme: Remember I love almonds. This opened with a very pleasing almond scent. Drinking it was wonderful. Creamy, almondy, just wonderful. Was hard to take small sips. Another Loved it. Already have bought more of it. Really isn't much more to say. My best rating is always buying more or not. As I said, already bought more.













Lost Trail Sarsaparilla: I hate spelling Sara______. Another licorice smell, and this had some licorice bite to it. Its not bad, but its not my favorite either. Does have a pleasant root beery after taste. I drink if given one, but another I'm going to bust my butt to buy again either.
















Bruins Time!


No comments: