Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lester's Fixins Sweet Corn, Martian Soda Plum flavored, Ramune Grape Soda


Lester's Fixins Sweet Corn: Wasn't sure quite what to expect. Open the bottle. Well, with my nose, to say it is a very strong corn scent is saying something. And its tastes like, well, corn. The question is, do you want corn to be as sweet as a soda? Creamed corn is sweet, my grandmom's corn pudding was, but neither as sweet as the soda. I really don't know what else to say except it tastes like very very sweet corn. I won't be buying anymore, and I can't say as I'd be happy if someone put it in front of me, but I'd drink it. I'd really rather have my corn with butter on the cob. Also, not to be crude, but I burped corn for quite a while after drinking it.(16)






Martian Soda Plum Flavored: Just an aside, Martian soda is actually a Rocket Fizz product, just not packaged or marketed that way (not that being a Rocket Fizz soda makes it bad). It doesn't smell the way I remember any plum smelling, but its not an unpleasant aroma. Very difficult aroma for me to pick up. Also doesn't taste like I remember plums tasting (haven't had any this year), its not an unpleasant taste. Fruity, but kind of nondescript. Not going to go out of my way to buy it, but I would buy again.(17)









Ramune Grape Soda (made in Japan by Sangaria Beverage Company):  I'm not sure I've ever anticipated a soda quite as much as this one. Not so much for the beverage, but for the unique opening and er, addition. If you try this drink, really read the opening directions well. Remove the plastic wrapper, take off but do not discard the first cap. Take off the top of that cap. Flip it, push down very hard on the opening. This will release the marble (yes marble) and open the soda. Strong grape scent. The bottle has this weird design, so the marble stays in the top part and makes the drink especially fizzy. Very strong grape flavor. Not wholly convinced its all that different from other grape sodas, but it is tasty. When I find my camera, I'll get a picture of it. I'll be drinking Ramune again as they have a bunch of different flavors. Grape was pretty tasty and I'm not a big grape soda drinker. The bottle and the taste, I'd buy again.(18)

No comments: