Monday, June 17, 2013

Americana Honey Cream, Maine Root Sarsaparilla, Soprano's Amaretto Soda


Americana Honey Cream: Well, I was expecting honey cream to be different than a standard vanilla cream. I was wrong. Wasn't disappointed, but wrong. Its one of those "micro crafted" ones. You hear micro brew/micro crafted so much anymore, its just not special. Vanilla smell when you open the bottle, after that its nothing too special. I kept waiting for some sort of honey taste, but got none. It didn't wander into the realm of too sweet, so that's a plus. I'm just not convinced its different from any other well made cream soda.  I'd drink it happily if someone put it in front of me, but its another one I'm not going to kill myself to buy.











Maine Root Sarsaparilla: Sarsaparilla was used many years ago for skin and blood problems. Very wonderful drink. Nice strong smell when opened and a good strong taste as well. Many would just call this a strong root beer, but there just a wee bit of difference. Not exactly sure how to explain that. I liked the strength of flavor, the bite, but done with a smooth drinkability. I really liked this one. This is a buy again.(14)










The Sopranos Amaretto Soda: Yes same Sopranos as HBO. I'd rate this one as just OK. Not a very strong smell, just a hint of almond. Also not a very strong taste. The Almond flavor is there, but its just not potent. I really expected more. Nothing that distinguishes as a excellent soda. This is yet another would drink if someone gave me one, but doubtful I'll buy again.(15)

No comments: