Friday, June 28, 2013

Apple Beer, Vermont Sweetwater Rugged Mountain Root Beer, Sparkling Ice Kiwi Straberry


Apple Beer: Yes that's the name of the company, Apple Beer, and they make, you guessed it, apple beer. After my prior bad experience with Apple soda, I was not looking forward to tasting this one. Not a strong apple aroma when opening the bottle. Had me worried. It does taste like apple, bit tart, but nice apple flavor. Then comes the after taste. Allow me some latitude here. When I was young, my mother and I used to go to Dowse Orchard in Sherborn, Mass. Wonderful place. If you're near it, I recommend it. Macoun apples are what we wanted (Macoon pronunciation please). Now what I've read the web claims its a very sweet apple. My experience and memory are contrary to that. I remember them been a very crisp juicy apple, but tart tasting as well. Loved them. OK, back to apple beer, the after taste is just as I remember a Macoun tasting. Gave me a nice trip down memory lane. Not sure I'd go out of my way to purchase again, but wouldn't refuse it either.

Vermont Sweetwater Rugged Mountain Root Beer: This is a clear root beer, reason why I tried it. I'd call it a mild root beer. Just seems to lack the real depth of flavor a good root bear has. Smells like root beer, drinks like a watered down root bear. This is another wouldn't refuse one if given, but not going to purchase again.













Sparking Ice Kiwi Strawberry (have had Pomegranate Berry too): Not really a soda. Its called a sparkling water. Its what I try and drink when I'm absent mindedly doing nothing on the computer. I'm not dieting, but am trying to watch what I eat. Soda is something I allow myself to have, but drinking weird ones or even "normal" 7up, the calories add up fast. Nice fruit flavor. Wouldn't say you could give me either and I'd be able to tell apart the difference. Seems to just be fruity flavor. Drinks better cold (I usually drink soda at room temperature). Over all taste is OK, but I do know I'm drinking a zero calorie drink. Also has vitamins and anti-oxidants in it. Its OK, and will stay as my sort of in between drink, but I can't see much more.

No comments: