Friday, June 28, 2013

Jones Blue Bubble Gum, Hosmer Mountain Sarsaprilla, Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock


Jones Blue Bubble Gum: What a disappointment! My first Jones soda, after hearing so many good things about the company. I really am at a loss to describe the scent and flavor to you. But neither remind me of bubble gum. Bitter drinking soda. Maybe in the sort of second wave after taste, there is some bubble gum flavor, but that's a long time coming. I mentioned before that I had guzzled one soda because I am set on drinking the whole bottle of any soda. I guzzled this one. Will not buy again, and please do not put one in front of me. I'll cut Jones some slack, and try other flavors.









Hosmer Mountain Sarsaparilla: OK, I'm biased here. I'm starting to really like sarsaparilla, and this company is from Connecticut. This was a great soda. Earthy aroma. Good strong taste. I hate to call any sarsaparilla strong root beer, but its an easy way to have someone understand the flavor. And this was good. Very strong, nice after taste. Just a solid drink. Will be buying again.

Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock: Before I get to the soda, a few words about Fentimens. They are a smaller brewing company, located in England. They make about 9 or so sodas, that they claim to be botanically brewed. Company started in 1905. Company has never left the Fentimen family. So on to the soda. Earthy scent. Very pleasant flavor. Not 100% sure what dandelion leaves and burdock root should taste like, but this is a nice tasting soda. I have to admit I was somewhat concerned as one of the ingredients listed is aniseed flavor. I'm not a black licorice fan. There is some aftertaste of licorice, but wouldn't be enough to prevent me from buying and drinking again. Fentimans has a taste sampler and I sure hope I can find one on this side of "the pond"

No comments: