Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jac Jic Lemon Lime

Could be Jic Jac too. Label isn't overly clear, nor is anything on line. There is not much I can tell you about the history of Jac Jic. Started in St Louis in the 1950's and developed a following that kept spreading until it was nation wide. There are a number of Jac Jic flavors: Lemon Lime, Strawberry, Black cherry, grape and Blue Raspberry. This is another Orca Beverage Soda works product. Wish I could tell you more about it, but I'm just not finding a lot of history on the web.

Citrusy smell when opened. Taste in lemon lime, but there is an undertone too it. I would have sworn there was ginger in this, as it really tastes like someone mixed a lemon lime soda with ginger ale. Aftertaste is really ginger ale. Looked on the ingredients list and there is no ginger in the soda. I can't explain the taste that I had. If you had served this to me blind I would have said ginger ale with citrus, not really even lemon lime specifically, mixed in. Its not a bad soda. Maybe I'm so used to 7 up that this is a "more accurate" lemon lime, not as much artificial flavor, and that's why it tastes different to me. I'd drink again, but not going to break a nail finding it.

No comments: