Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bedford's Root Beer

Another Orca Beverage product. Label claims Bedford's is brewed in Port Angeles, Washington, since 1984. There really isn't a lot to be found about "Bedford's" in terms of history. Some of what Orca makes are vintage sodas that the original story and history can be found, Bedford's does not appear to be one. Best I found was a nebulous "Pacific Northwest tradition for over 30 years" from the Orca site. 

Not a very strong scent after opening. Not really a root beer-y smell either. Never bodes well for a root beer. Mostly an overly sweet scent. It just does not taste like a root beer. I'm not sure what I'd call the taste. Some anise, some fruit, maybe some birchy flavor, but whatever the mix is, its not pleasant. Aftertaste was much the same. I did not like this one at all. This is a never buy again, won't drink one in front of me soda. 

No comments: