Monday, August 26, 2013

Dr Brown's Cel Ray soda

Dr Brown's Cel Ray soda: Dr Brown's sodas are a line brewed out of J&R Bottling. J&R started in 1972 by Ralph Santora. Santora began his career with Pepsi Co. He bought the rights to the Dr Brown's line and began producing the drink through the Nu-Grape bottling company. In 1972, Santora bought the Nu-Grape facility. Now J&R bottling is the  co-packer for many small and large brands such as Jones Sodas, Dad’s Root Beer and Cream, Q Tonic, Bubble Up, Hanks, Rubyy Energy, Casera, Bravo, Cuzcatlan, Boylan Bottle Works, Hansen's, Ooba Hibiscus, Dry Soda, Baron’s, Skeleteens, Amazonas, Gazoz and others. Again, that's co-packer. Br Brown's is J&R's soda. Also should be noted it is a kosher soda. 

I have to admit, I expected this to be an awful, ohmigawd can I finish it soda. It wasn't as bad as that. Celery scent, and an unexpected clean taste. It does taste like celery. Its not very sweet. I wouldn't say sour or tangy, just not very sweet. Also a very dry tasting soda, and I can imagine it would be refreshing on a hot day. All that said, my bottom line is I'm not fond of celery, so I'd prefer not to have this soda again. But it certainly does have an accurate celery taste, and I can understand others enjoying it.

No comments: