Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sprecher's Ravin' Red

Now that I've found a local and cheap source of Sprecher's, I have most flavors. Only missing ginger ale. I really overall like the Sprecher's brand.  Ravin' Red is a combination of cherry and cranberry flavors, with ginseng added to make this a "high energy soft drink" I'm just not feeling the energy part of it. So, the rest: fruity smell, smells like cherry, but you know something else is there. Taste: well, even thought cherry is supposed to the main flavor, this tastes more like cranberry than anything. Cranberry that's not overly sweetened is a bit of an acquired taste. I grew up in New England, and lived in south eastern Massachusetts where the cranberry bogs are many. You may only think of cranberry juice and cranberry sauce (Thanksgiving) but there are far more cranberry products. Its difficult not to like cranberry growing up in that area, its in just about everything. Personally, I loved this soda. Tart like cranberries, with that great cranberry taste. But I also can see how some people would not care for this soda at all. The "energy" part doesn't kick in for me, but the flavor and all other things considered, I'll buy again.

No comments: