Monday, July 1, 2013

Martian Soda Flavor Kumquat

Yet another set myself up soda. I haven't a clue what a kumquat tastes like. The fruit itself is a small orange colored fruit. Its native to South Asia. There are three varieties, two of which are heartier than oranges, so its a good citrus fruit to grow in harsher conditions than what oranges may require. There is a kumquat liqueur and kumquats have been known to replace olives in a martini. There are a bunch of different kumquat hybrids, like sunquat, lemon and kumquats cross bred.

The soda, well, I don't know what to say really. Citrusy, fruit scent when opened. A sort of bitter citrus taste. Very tart after taste. Does it taste and smell like a kumquat? Maybe. If I ever eat a kumquat, I'll revisit this. Although to be honest, if this is what a kumquat tastes like, no thank you. Not quite I'll hurt you if you set one down in front of me, more in the prefer not to ever drink again area.

No comments: