Monday, July 1, 2013

Faygo Rock and Rye

Wasn't quite sure what to expect. Faygo is big in Michigan. The label does say cream cola. I've seen people add half and half to coke. Laverne of Laverne ans Shirley drank coke and milk or coke and half and half, maybe that's the taste. Vanilla ice cream +cola=brown cow. Suppose brown cow would not be an appealing soda name. I've heard this called a black cherry cream. I've heard so many, time to judge for myself. Does have a creamy scent when opening. Cream taste first hits you. But the undertone, hmm, what is that? At one point I wasn't really paying attention to the drink, just reached for the bottle and took a sip, and I would have sworn I was drinking DR Pepper. That's it!!! Much as I don't like using one soda to describe another, for this, it fits. Its Dr Pepper cream. Does drink well, very smooth, aftertaste is a pleasant cherry, creamy, cola mix. This is also another one I'm not sure where to place, I'd drink it again, might buy it if it were cheaper, but can't see myself as craving lots more.

Note about Faygo in general: their complete list of sodas is pretty wild. I'm not going to count them all. I'll be researching to see if I can buy variety packs.

No comments: