Thursday, July 4, 2013

Breckenridge Blackberry

Made by Rocky Mountain soda. Not a lot of history I can find on Rocky Mountain soda. I'm going to keep looking and maybe I'll be able to post in a future episode, as they have a number of flavors. Its the first soda I've had the proudly says its made with beet sugar.Cane and Beet both have sucrose as the chemical base. Really the only difference is that beets are easier to raise, heartier plants. There is supposed to be no sensory difference between the sugars. Most sugar you buy in a grocery store today has beet sugar as its base. Easier to raise beets as I said, and cheaper. If you look up the debate online, you'll find defenses and promotions that one is better than the other. I'm not convinced I'd be able to tell the difference between the two if you gave me just the sugar to try.


Nice berry smell after opening. Not really distinguishable as blackberry, but the scent does tell you you're in for something special. Then the taste. Oh my. Blackberry through and through. This was a very very tasty soda. Could have easily fallen into the trap of tasting like just another berry soda, and did not come close. Really awesome in its just right blackberry taste. I will be buying and drinking again. Really loved it.

No comments: