Saturday, July 6, 2013

Baumeister Orange

I've had a Baumeister cream before, but doesn't look like I did a history on Baumeister. Hails from Wisconsin, started in 1907. Heine Baumeister stumbled upon a artesian well, and decided to make soda from the water. Its become a Wisconsin icon. Though its marketed under Baumeister, its made by Lake Shore Bottling, and bottled by Gray's Brewing Company. Not sure why 3 companies involved, but there you are. The orange soda used to be called Kewaunee Orange Crush. 

Nice orange color. Orange scent is perfect. Taste, well, its just all right. Little too sweet, but quick look and HFCS is used. The sweetness is a little distracting. Its a good orange flavor, just sweeter than I'd prefer. Sit one in front of me and I'll drink it, but won't be buying myself.

No comments: