Friday, June 14, 2013

Old 52 Special Brew, Stewart Cream Soda, Reed's Spiced Apple Brew



Old 52 Special Brew: Advertised as a wintergreen, I'd lean more towards calling this a birch beer. Does have a pleasant wintergreen scent, but drinks like a birch beer would. They do claim its a "special birch beer brew". Have to admit, I'm not sure what makes it special. Don't get me wrong, its a very tasty clear birch beer, but the special I'm not tasting. Maybe a bit more bite, cleaner flavor as its sweetened with cane sugar. I'll be buying this one again.










Stewart Cream Soda: Another from my grocery store soda (not that there is anything wrong with that), but not anything particularly different about it. Good vanilla scent. Pleasant cream soda taste, though as often happens with cream soda, a bit sweet. I'd buy again, but wouldn't go out of my way. Might be buying just cause its handy. 







Reed's Spiced Apple Brew: We have a first! I am determined that I will finish every bottle of soda. This tested that determination. Reasonable apple smell when opened. Then you drink it. I really could not pick out one flavor, even apple. It was a muddled mess that did not drink well for me. With the cost of the sodas, I tend to sip them and enjoy. This one I guzzled to be done with it. Never ever will I purchase this again. 


No comments: