Saturday, June 15, 2013

Reading Draft Birch Beer, Killebrew Old Fashioned Cream soda

Reading Draft Birch Beer:  A clear or white birch beer. Very strong wintergreen smell opening the bottle. Pleasant birch beer taste, wintergreeny with a bite. Perhaps a touch more wintergreen than other birch beers. Wouldn't go out of my way to buy again, but if someone put one in front of me, I wouldn't be upset.(6)












Killebrew Old Fashioned Cream Soda: I'm not a big cream soda fan. To me they are always too sweet. Well, Killebrew seemed to go out of its way to make this not sweet. Problem is, they ended up with a horrible soda. Smells like a cream when the bottle is opened, but that's the only similarity. A bitter vanilla taste with a nasty not sure what to call it aftertaste. It uses HFCS instead of cane sugar, and maybe that's the difference. Not on the buy again list.(7)

No comments: