Saturday, June 15, 2013

Izze Sparkling Blueberry, Kazouza Tamarind,



Izze Sparkling Blueberry: Let me start by saying I love blueberries, fresh, muffins, pie whatever. I've even made "strawberry" shortcake with blueberries. So that being said, I despised this drink. Smells like grape, tastes more like cranberry or grape. That's not to say I don't like cranberry or grape, but its not what I'm expecting when I am drinking blueberry. Its very tart, no added sugar. Should have been tipped off when the first juice listed on the bottle is white grape juice. Second is apple, and way down at 3rd is blueberry. Last red grape juice is also listed. Was extremely disappointed. If I wanted sparkling grape juice, I'd have purchased that. Not going to buy again. From local grocery store.(8)


Kazouza Tamarind: Set myself up here, As I had no idea what tamarind is or tastes like. So, after drinking this I went and looked it up. Tamarind is a fruit found on a tamarind tree, raised mainly in tropical climates. The fruit is an indehiscent legume (no idea) or pod. If picked before its truly mature, it is used like yams in some cultures. When the fruit matures, it gets a bit sweeter, and that's what get used in jams, ice creams and juices. Its described as a sweet and sour taste. In Western culture its found in HP and Worcestershire sauce. OK, so much for the lesson. The soda has light tamarind smell. Never smelled one before so I'm not sure. I guess it tastes like tamarind. Its not an unpleasant taste, but I certainly can not rate how accurate a taste. I would say overall, tamarind is an acquired taste. Not a bad soda to drink, but not sure I'd go out of my way to buy it again. I'll be trying more Kazouza sodas, as they generally have a good reputation for being true to the fruit. I'd drink it again if served to me, but again not going to go out of my way.(9)

Bruins time.

No comments: