Friday, June 28, 2013

Bundaberg Brewed Drinks guava soda

First off, little change. I'm going to start doing each soda individually, as in its own blog post. Was a suggestion made to me to me by Patrick O'Keefe. Runs a great web site, Soda Tasting (that should be a hyperlink). Patrick has far more self-confidence than I, and he does his reviews on camera, so you can watch his reviews. One thing Patrick suggested was doing the separate pages, so it gets picked up by web search engines. At the moment, I'm really too lazy to go back and separate my first posts, though I may do some at some point. Titles will be changed. One other note about Patrick's site, having more hands than his own (his brothers), Patrick can do taste tests, comparing and ranking sodas of the same genre. Haven't taught my cats how to open soda and pour into glasses yet, so I don't think this will happen for me anytime soon. I do envy him for being able to do that.

On to today's

Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Guava soda: Bundaberg is brewed in Bundaberg, Australia. Looking at a map, it would appear Brisbane is the next closest city. They brew only non-alcoholic drinks. Its looks like ginger beer and sarsaparilla are the two best sellers.  Ginger beer is their claim to fame in Australia. They have a very nice website here: Bundaberg. They have a great place, the Bundaberg Barrel that shows people how ginger beer is made. Its very cool looking. The ginger in their ginger beer is grown in Bundaberg, think its a different company that does the growing though. Sugar cane is also grown locally. Guava apparently comes from their sparkling selection which includes: "Guava, Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Peachee and our two brand new flavours Passionfruit and Lime." The company slogan is "Flip it, Rip it and Sip it" All their sodas, especially the ginger beer should be turned over 180 degrees before drinking them. Their web site also has links to "Bundaberg TV", some interesting advertising. Side note: The limited edition Bundaberg serving board is something I wish I could get. I'd buy it. But its only available via a contest that only New Zealand and Australia residents can enter. Stay tuned I've emailed them.
     The Drink: I didn't know initially that one should flip the bottle before opening. So I had to replace the cap, and turn it over. Get a guava fruit and slice it open. That is the exact smell and taste of the guava soda. Soda is sweeter, but the scent, taste and everything else is completely guava. I'm not sure I can expand on what guava tastes like. Maybe because I've had the fruit. I loved this soda. I want to have more and try their other products. Great soda, great website, and funny commercials. What more could you ask for? I'll be buying more! 

No comments: